Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Rockin' the (Denim) Apron

 
So I got this idea to take denim jeans, bought cheaply at the thrift store, trick them out with some western themed applique (a shirt bought at a resale boutique), added boullion fringe for a Dale-Evans-meets Mae-Wes look and made a rocked out apron.


I wore it to Higginsville's "Country Fair"
with a pair of skinny jeans (I've lost over 30 pounds this past summer);
 "new" red cowgirl boots and a hat, both bought at a local flea market.
I'm rockin' the red these days.
 
 
I made Rebecca a more "hip" apron with flowers
cut from a 1960s fabric remnant and some fibery fringe 
bought for a different a project (years ago) that I never completed.
Rebecca looks better in the cowgirl hat than I do!
 
 
I also made a "prairie" version with appliques of
(tattered and stained) embroidered linens
and a crocheted lace edging for the bottom of the apron.
 
I gave it to my antiques friend, Liz, whose shop we are photographed in (above)
and I didn't get a photo of the apron before I gifted it to her!
(bad blogger, bad blogger!)
 
The theme and medium possibilities are just about endless for this basic denim apron.
I'm thinking of painting one with acrylics--
denim is just unprimed canvas after all!
 
You may take the idea and run with it---
just link back to my blog and let me know so I can see your creation.
:)

5 comments:

Linda Jo said...

These are WONDERFUL!!! Definitely will sell in your Etsy shop! Mention the word rodeo in the title! Apronology should be all over these! Congrats on the weight loss! You look great!

~*~Patty S said...

You look marvelous Darlink!!!
and your aprons are too too fun...
the fringe really finishes them off beautifully!
Precious little cowgirl you have with you too ♥
oxo
p.s. I have lots of catching up to do from the last couple of weeks!

~*~Patty S said...

OH
And
your red boots!!!
those are the bees knees too!
oxo

Yvonne said...

Lookin' good....you and the apron!

daysease said...

GAh!! Love it!! Absolutely have to try this! a Durable apron that won't stain easily and is super fun. Yeehaw!! Nice!