Friday, January 11, 2013

Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder

 
On the way to the dentist this past Tuesday, I stopped at a new and used furniture place called "Town's End" (because the place is located on the edge of town...) and happened to find a bar stool to replace the rickety dog-chewed ones we had.  I needed three (three kids, three stools...).  The store owner said he had more stools, just that they wouldn't be a perfect match, but the stools could be repainted.  Well, you see in my photo that two are similar in style, but the third I hesitated to take because it was so different.  I mean, it was a couple inches taller and sprayed painted gold- badly!  It could not be uglier if it had had macaroni glued to it under the paint. 
The store owners encouraged me to take the gold stool, by offering it free with the purchase of the other two. 
I caved.
Three stools for $20, even if one was atrocious, is not a deal I could pass up!
 
 
When my (three) kids came home from school,
Rebecca (8 years old) pounced on the golden stool and immediately claimed it for her own, going so far as to carve her name into the seat with a ball point pen.
Ah, love at first sight!
If we glue plastic gemstones or other ludicrous collage materials on it at some time in the future, it would only be guilding a lily.
As it stands now, the stool is already a golden throne in the eyes of a small girl.
 
So I'm wondering now if I had bought a $20 golden bar stool and actually got the other two for free...
It's all in how you look at things.

8 comments:

Yvonne said...

I think I would've claimed it for my own too. Love it! LOL

Joanna said...

LOVE this!

xx

Susan said...

That's hilarious! I think you should glue some macaroni on it though!

Linda Jo said...

Love it. And I KNEW Rebecca would want it! She's definitely got her "eye"! hee hee!

Jill said...

LOL!! The macaroni comment really made me laugh!

~*~Patty S said...

Your new stools are not only a find but oh so fantastic too!
Thanks for putting a smile on my face

You are
Bountiful
Beautiful
and
Blissful
(that popped into my head when reading this...so I thought I would share)
oxo
p.s. Rebecca Rocks!

Jeanie said...

What a deal! And to have the happy child makes it even better! Oh, the creative things you can do with that stool!

daysease said...

fun finds!!