Friday, April 20, 2012

Hoardica Sojourns in Bucharest


This week Hoardica is in Romania, specifically Bucharest.
I know very little about the country, but fell in love with it when I learned that the predominant religion is Eastern Orthodox.
I grew up in the Eastern Orthodox church.
I counted icons and other religious paintings every Sunday to get through the almost 2 hour service.
All 136 of them.
And it was not a large church.

I've been wanting to try my hand at painting an icon, or at least paint in that style.
Ideas are brewing.
I'll share my progress when I have something to show.
In the mean time, see Hoardica's Romanian postcard here.

2 comments:

Linda Jo said...

Looking forward to your painting of an icon!!!

~*~Patty S said...

Yes...what Linda said

can't wait!

that is something that always speaks to me too
oxo