Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Happy Tea Tuesday!

Sorry no visual aid today. I am on my son's laptop in our new house and feel like I am reporting from a war zone. We moved in last Friday and Saturday I concentrated on cleaning cupboards and unpacking kitchen boxes so we wouldn't be eating carry out pizza for every meal.

Yesterday I went to the doctor about my "cold" because it had gotten worst (the stress of packing, moving and lack of sleep). I was told it was allergies (of course!) and I need to attack it with antihistamines and nasal spray. I was also told that bronchitis can take weeks to go away. So I am drinking tea. Ginger, Bengal Spice (Celestial Seasonings) and throat soothers with anise. And sweeping up mouse poop (this old house was a sanctuary for the critters!) and unpacking boxes. Still lots to do.

Hopefully I will have my computer set up in the next day or so. I can't wait to post photos of our new digs!

12 comments:

Yvonne said...

Sounds like a big job. Get well. Happy tea dy.

voodoo vixen said...

So glad the move has gone to plan and I hope the allergies let up soon so you can get unpacking without the pain of headaches etc. Mouse, meeces... darn little critters can get through a keyhole if they want in... the best deterrent is the electronic plug-ins that let out a high pitched (beyond human hearing) that drives them out... I have one in my attic and one in my main floor and haven't had a mouse since I plugged them in 8 years ago!! :)

Nancy said...

Well I'm happy for you that you're moved, but the darn allergies, hope you get feeling better soon.
Have a good day!

Ann said...

well,bless your heart! feel better soon! at least the move is done!!!
Happy New House!!..may it be filled with laughter,joy,love,family and friends!!! xo

Unknown said...

Oh Nathalie! be careful with sweeping up the mouse poop! you should be wearing a face mask .... that could really irritate your airways .... seriously! I am glad for you that you are making progress though! I do not envy the job one teeny tiny bit .... except for the butler's pantry part of course ;)

Lorrie said...

Oh, I feel for you. Moving is such a huge task even when one feels well. Take some time to just sit and look at the mess with a dispassionate eye while you sip your tea.

Linda Jo said...

Yes...and put on that dust mask. Right now!

Jill said...

Must say I'm sending out a thank you for no visuals on the mouse poop...nope, very familiar with the stuff. Gosh, girl I think you need some sleep and schnapps! Can't wait to see the new house. But, I will patiently wait until you feel better and all the mouse droppings are cleaned up. :)

Joanna said...

You're in! Looking forward to seeing the new place but make sure you look after yourself first. It sounds like you need some rest (and more schnapps!).

xx

ooglebloops said...

Can't wait to see your new place!! patty will be excited to see her happy mail when she returns!!

Halle said...

Remember to take good care of YOU!! Maybe a good dose of antihistamines right before bed will helps you sleep....that and a shot of some of the strong stuff if necessary. Then you'll sleep like a baby. :)
Good luck!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

The last I read, you were still packing and still had your studio to pack. Sounds like you managed to get it done. Sounds like maybe you and I had similar problems. I thought I just had a cold, but now I think it was bronchitis that settled in for the long haul. I hope you feel better soon. I KNOW how long it can take to get to feeling better.