Monday, February 7, 2011

The "Official" Snippet Roll

You are probably seeing these everywhere now, because Carol's "Snippet Roll", has struck a chord with creative-stitcher-upcyclers.
But it all started as a Junk-le Bell inspired swap.


And I am thrilled to say that I have one of the "first" created!



It doesn't display well as an ornament perhaps, but that point doesn't seem to matter each time I unroll it and discover something new I missed the last time!
Carol has a Snippet Roll tutorial on her blog if you want to make one yourself.
She is also offering an on-line journal class. There is a button on her side bar to register!

10 comments:

~*~Patty S said...

Your pics are super Nathalie and really give the 'snippet' feel...I recognize the hand dyed pink silk cord too ;)
Happy Monday!
oxo

ooglebloops said...

How cute!! thanks for the link - I'm following her blog now!

Caterina Giglio said...

lovely to use cloth on these, we used to use paper rolls...

Linda Jo said...

It's full of our joys!!!

Joanna said...

I adore these snippet rolls - I want to touch it!

Thanks for the link, I'll g and have a look.

x

margaret said...

great post, love that first pic! we are so lucky to be owners of the original snippet roll!

Yvonne said...

I love the snippet rolls. I have made some in the past with cut out words that creats a little poem of sorts. I even use the plastic thread spools and cover the ends with paper ephemera or fabric. I love your snippet and I bet you do see something new every time you unroll it. That's great!

BadPenny said...

I saw these on your QB5 swaps... and am making one too ! how infectious but better than catching the flu ! xx

Jensters said...

Wow so wonderful....love it.

Jeanie said...

I have been seeing them -- they are such fun!