Monday, December 27, 2010

Winter White

Our jockey looked even more flamboyant than usual this morning with frosted highlights on his scarf.

It was foggy last night, which combined with well below freezing temperatures over night, created a wonderful shabby chic landscape.


The view down our street.
Sidewalks are a luxury in this small town.
There is so little traffic anyway that we walk comfortably in the middle of the road.
Although it was terribly cold, it was a beautiful day to stroll and admire the scenery.
How's the weather in your part of the world?


2 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I figure I'm less than 200 miles west of you and about that amount south, yet it's been 46 days since we've had any moisture. Looks like you had a white Christmas, at least.

I'm so glad to see your street. Even though I live in the "city," the houses in my neighborhood are quite similar with tree lined streets and no sidewalks, either.

It's good to know I'm not the only person who lives in an older home and neighborhood. I sometimes feel I'm the only person who doesn't own one of those modern houses or apartments that have all the luxuries and amenities. In fact, this looks like the street I grew up on, although I'm sure it has changed drastically by now.

I wanted to let you know I've made you my blog pick of the day today (Dec 28). I hope you join us for tea and, if you don't have time, I'll still be by to check on you later. Have a great Tuesdays however you spend it.

Linda Jo said...

It is a beautiful street! I can hear the crunch under my feet as I walk down it! It's cold here in Houston.....must be in the 40's! brrr!