Saturday, December 4, 2010

Ornament Anecdotes: Day 4

I have several of these, although a couple are broken-- I just hang the bad side to "the back".
I got this vintage treasure several years ago when I helped a friend clean out a foreclosed property.
All of the Christmas decorations were left behind in the basement.
Made me sad for the former home owners.
But it also made me think about not holding on to "stuff" too tightly.
You can't take it all with you if food, clothing and shelter are the greatest needs.
Hold onto the things that matter.
The stuff that floods, fires or earthquakes can't destroy.
Or bank foreclosures can't rob from you.
19 “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.
21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
Matthew 6:19-21 (NIV)

2 comments:

Linda Jo said...

So true. And certainly something we need to be reminded of this time of year. This from one who constantly covets glitter houses.

Joanna said...

You're right, of course.

I've 'lost' some precious things (precious to me, of little monetary value) over the years (various moves for one reason or another), but I still carry the memories of them.

Still love your glittery bauble!

x