Friday, December 3, 2010

Ornament Anecdotes: Day 3

I worked as an artist at Hallmark Cards in Kansas City for over 12 years (in another lifetime). I enjoyed a nice discount at the Halls department store across the street.
Even on sale items.
Like after-Christmas-marked-down ornaments.
I'd buy several of each kind of design I liked, because they were so cheap with my discount (95% off!)
I had 5 or 6 of these teddy bears.
At least 2 were given away as gifts.
I collected teddy bears at one time.

5 comments:

Joanna said...

Sweet little chap - and what a bargain! I like how you've put him in black and white for this nostalgic look at your previous life (it's funny, they do seem like previous lives, don't they? They are so far removed from the lives we live now).

x

Margaret said...

He's just too cute! superb photo!!

Marlynn said...

Nath.... he is looking a little cold, BFF. I love the photo love the tidbit you worked at Hallmark! Hugs

femminismo said...

Now 95% is quite a DEEP discount. Good time to buy a bunch of bears. Really a nice memory/ornament. Thanks for sharing!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I lived in Johnson County in Kansas a lifetime ago, and worked in KC, MO. I always loved the Halls discount store and bought ornaments there the day after Christmas each year for a long time. I don't think I ever saw the bears. This little guy is adorable.