Tuesday, October 26, 2010

About Ruby Floy...

You just never know where the internet will lead you, or detour you.
This morning I selected my etsy shop from my browser menu, to visit and do some maintenance, and ended up on a Ruby Floy "search" page. My request could not be completed, even after I tried accessing my shop from my blog's sidebar.
AAaaaaaaaGGGgggghhh!
Locked out of my shop!
Wish there was a back window in the alley I could break into,
but this is the internet.

But I digress.
This post is about Ruby Floy.
The first failed attempt at accessing my shop brought up a search page.
Here I thought "Ruby Floy" was a unique name.
It's my husband's grandmother's name.
Ruby Floy Thompson.
She is 95 years old (her birthday was just last month!)
and lives in California.
Today I found out that Ruby Floy is also the name of an 81 year old woman living in Alabama, whose relations are named Loreitha, Josie, John and Derrick.
(Further info required a fee. My curiosity stopped there.)
I hope she won't expect royalties for the use of her name.
All I can offer her is a gift certificate to my shop.
And a thank you.
:)

3 comments:

~*~Patty S said...

it's such a great name AND a super place to visit too I might add

funny about names
isn't it
Happy Tuesday to ya
oxo

Linda Jo said...

I wondered where you were! Locked out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Caterina Giglio said...

that is etsy for ya! hope you got it figured out!! xo