Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Margaret's Stitchery


I still have a few finishing touches to add to Margaret's piece, but thought I would show a wee peek of what I added to her sampler. Being that she lives in "Switzy", having a skier seemed natural and because I can't be serious about hardly anything, having a skier in a bathing suit was even better! No, this image is not done with TAP (transfer paper) and I didn't feed fabric directly into my computer printer. Nope, this is a scrap from an old Eddie Bauer T-shirt I wore for years. I loved the image on the front so much that I cut it out and saved it before making rags from the rest of the white cotton T. The truly amazing part is that I was able to find this scrap again! I have a photographic memory of where I have squirreled things away-- until they are moved. That's why I am undone when my husband insists that we do some deep cleaning. NOoooooooooo! It ruins my filing system!
We are nearing the home stretch of our QB5 stitchery round robin (members are in my side bar). I have Linda's stitchery already waiting for me to stitch on, but first I have to finish up Margaret's!

5 comments:

Joanna said...

She is such fun! Love the story about your t-shirt, and am very impressed that you managed to track it down. Looking forward to seeing the rest.......

xx

Linda Jo said...

And the amazing thing is....it looks just like Margaret!!!!!!!

Margaret said...

yep, those are my thighs Linda, ssshhh now, keep it to yourself...

Nathalie I'm honoured to have such a wonderful personal treasure added to my stitchery, she is totally FAB!!!! I'm well impressed at your filing and long term memory skills!! you are our 2010 Squirelling champion!!

~*~Patty S said...

oooo this looks wonderful Nathalie! All the more special sharing a perfect fragment from a special T ... I know exactly where things were too before we tried to organize and moved them arghhh! ;)
That lace at the bottom is amazing too!
Your stitchery was pert near finished when it arrived at my door ... what a fun RR this one is!
oxo

BadPenny said...

Fab Fab Fab ! Love it ! I can usually find things but get upset when I simply can't find them again.