Monday, November 9, 2009

75% Less Paper Than Your Average ATC


THESE ATCs ARE SO MUCH FUN!!!! I even submitted my sewing machine to a little torture by forcing it to stitch the zipper onto the screening. The needle threader was some corroded piece of junk I found on the sidewalk once (or in a junk box, dunno, but I knew someday I would have a use for it!), but the little loop was missing. Can't have a needle threader without a threader thingy, so I took a piece of wire from a scrap of screen (like pulling thread from a frayed piece of cloth) and fashioned a threading loop myself-- and stuck it back into its holder. I like the bits of green paint stuck to the wire. I rubbed some paint onto the handle of the threader to give it a green patina (no, not original- but looks authentic, doesn't it?) since I had the color naturally occurring elsewhere.
I have one more of these "reduced paper" ATCs to share! Tune in tomorrow.

4 comments:

Linda Jo said...

You are in a great "place" right now!

Margaret said...

hear hear Linda!! I love what's coming out of your art room! great colour in this one and very 'you' humour! I'm still smiling...

~*~Patty S said...

Loving your assemblaaage (say with a French accent ;)) ATCs N!
Really fab and funny and wonderful. I would be squealing to find a threader as fine as yours, making a new wire thingy is my kinda detail gal!!!

Thanks for inspiring me! I won't be able to use my machine for anything metal seeings that we just got a tune up and new parts, guess I'll have to hand stitch = yeah!
oxo

Marlynn said...

You are too funny. The "threader" not what I expected. Love your work and love your zipper. Too cool! hugs,