Thursday, August 13, 2009

More Summer Vacation Pictures

I have more work to do in my resurrected travel journal, but I wanted to share one current collage about our weekend at The Lake. We went down there for Seth's birthday weekend, so naturally we had to go out and celebrate. No Birthday Boy photo (I would only lose it before printing anyway...) so a dated receipt from the restaurant (The Happy Fisherman) and some magazine photos illustrate the event. Seth turned 10.
You might have noticed a glaring absence of typewriter type in my collages. My "necessary" camping item was never pulled out and used. And now I can't find it. I thought I had carried the typewriter out from the trailer when we unpacked, but we were so tired when we got home Sunday evening, that now I am not remembering much. It's around somewhere. Possibly still under my side of the bed in the trailer. I'll find it. Later. For now I am still doing laundry.
It's good to be home!

6 comments:

Shabby Chick said...

Oh I love the big fish! That's an excellent journal :)

Mel xxx

Anna said...

awesome journal collage.... very cool, just thing of the lucky paper artist who will be purchasing your journal...... eons from now... in a thrift store, no less, thinking how she hit the mother-load of ephemera ...... You are so stinkin' awesome Miss Nathalie!

Linda Jo said...

I think Anna believes your kids are going to toss your journal out!!! rofl I love the journal page.

Margaret said...

love it! who needs a typewriter when you come up with this!!

~*~Patty S said...

wonderful page, such fun! Happy Bday big boy!
funny about your typewriter hiding on you, my red double stick tape is among the missing at the moment and I just saw it!

Jeanie said...

Welcome home! Isn't the lake great fun?! Love this page!